Traffic School To Go is a well established online traffic school that has been around since 1997. In fact, TrafficSchoolToGo.com is simply another operating name for the American Safety Council. Below is my review of TrafficSchoolToGo.com with a full analysis. If you would like to add your own opinion about this online traffic school, please feel free to do so in the comments section below (the more detailed you are the more it helps everyone out!).
For starters, Traffic School To Go has been around for a little while now. The school began in 1997 and they have always focused on California as their main state. Since they are such a well established school, have been around so long, and is run by the a American Safety Council, it’s safe to say this is a legit online traffic school. Here are some of the higher points I found with Traffic School To Go:
- Lowest Price Guarantee: Ah yes, the lowest price guarantee. That certainly wins hearts over by many, and why not? It’s not like you’re buying something you get to keep. You’re taking an online traffic school because you have no other good options. So if your deciding factor is price, they’ve got a guarantee on that. Find a cheaper place and they will beat the price. Score one!
- Use Any Computer: As long as you have an internet connection, you can take this course from anywhere. You can use your home computer, laptop, work computer, tablet, cell phone, or microwave. Wait. No, you probably can’t use the microwave to take this course. Unless the microwave has a color display and can get internet access. Actually, just stick with a regular computer, laptop, tablet, or phone. That’s a safer bet.
- Approved In All California Courts: Some online traffic schools are only approved in certain counties or even certain court districts. What a pain. Traffic School To Go is approved everywhere in California. No worries about that.
- Free Expedited Shipping: If you’re a procrastinator, you’ll want to pay attention to this one. Lots of schools will send your completion certificate to the courts for free, but most of them will charge you extra for expedited shipping. This extra charge can cost quite a bit! With Traffic School To Go, you don’t have to worry about that. They’ll take care of everything for you, even if you waited until the last minute. Expedited shipping is free.
- Good Business Standing While many online traffic schools have a problem maintaining a good standing with the Better Business Bureau, TrafficSchoolToGo.com has maintained an A rating.
Keep in mind, online traffic schools are highly regulated by government agencies. In order to maintain their state licensing and certifications, TrafficSchoolToGo is required by law to have these features embedded into their course. While this is a quality course to sign up for, you should be prepared for some of the state required & mandated features which are put into place.
- Must Pass A Final Exam: At the end of the course, you must pass a final exam with a passing score of at least 70%. The final exam is very easy, is only 25 questions long, and TrafficSchoolToGo does not want you to fail. They have a tremendous vested interest in seeing you pass with flying colors.
- Boring: To be fair, this course has about all it can have to keep you engaged and interested. With diagrams, images, and a few videos, they do what they can. But let’s face it, taking Traffic School is boring and something we mostly do because we have to. Just remember, you can log in and out of the course anytime, so when you get bored, just stop and come back to it later.
Traffic School and Traffic Ticket FAQs
Is there a deadline to complete an online traffic school?
The deadline to complete a traffic school to clear a traffic citation will depend on the instruction provided by your court. Usually, you are given 90 days to finish the course, but it’s still best to confirm this first with your court handler.
In case you missed the deadline, you should also contact your court as your online traffic school can’t extend the deadline for you.
Am I required to pay the fine if I am eligible to attend traffic school?
If you are permitted to attend traffic school to clear your ticket, you will only need to pay a court fee and your course fee.
However, not all states allow you to dismiss a ticket by attending a traffic school, so make sure you confirm this with your court handler first before you sign up for a course.
Is it better to take online traffic school than in-person classes?
Online classes are preferable because it is more convenient and affordable than in-person traffic schools.
Keep in mind, though, that not all states approve of taking traffic schools online. So you need to seek permission from your court handler first before you sign up for an online course.
What are the other options I have for online traffic school?
There are several online traffic schools available for you to choose from. But if you want the most affordable one, I’d recommend GoToTrafficSchool. If you want a course that is pretty straightforward but still engaging enough not to get you too bored, try iDriveSafely. For those who like to be entertained while regarding, MyImprov Traffic School combines humor in its teaching style.
My Overall Opinion
The fact this school has been around so long does give it a ton of credibility and they are definitely approved in the entire state of California – no doubt about that. They also score some additional points by being a part of the American Safety Council.
Overall, this course is about what you would expect from any online traffic school. A bit boring, but it gets the job done and you can complete the course in your PJ’s while lounging on your own couch.
The pro’s of taking this course definitely outweighs the pro’s of going into a classroom to complete your traffic school requirements. If you have procrastinated, no question, this is the course for you due to their free expedited processing.
Have your own opinion about this course? Tell us about it in the comments section below!