There aren’t many worst feelings than driving along only to have blue and red lights hit you up in the rearview mirror.
However, stuff happens, and from time to time motorists forget to pay attention to what they are doing.
Unfortunately, the lapse in judgment usually doesn’t pan out well in the end. The person typically receives a ticket, unless he or she is able to talk the officer out of it, but that seldom happens. Hence, they are left having to pay expensive fines and accumulate points on their license.
In the state of Pennsylvania, traffic school is not approved for removing points from your driving record. There are still some great reasons for taking a defensive driving course though. The incentives include…
- Earning An Insurance Discount
- Dismissing A Traffic Ticket
- Meeting A License Reinstatement Requirement
It is important to note that the state of Pennsylvania offers mature driver improvement courses for anyone age 55 and over.
If you are 55 years of age or older, you can receive a state-mandated 5% discount on your auto insurance by taking an approved mature driver improvement course.
You can learn more about that program here.
How To Take Traffic School In Pennsylvania
Drivers may be able to take traffic school in Pennsylvania in two ways. The first involves a stuffy classroom, strangers,
Drivers may be able to take traffic school in Pennsylvania in two ways.
The first involves a stuffy classroom, strangers, and a drill-sergeant-like instructor.
Not everyone likes this option though.
Talk to the powers that be in your area to see if you can enroll in one of the Pennsylvania online traffic schools.
This method allows the student to do the work in a comfortable atmosphere, usually their home, and they can take care of the obligation at their own pace.
Regardless of which way is right for you, the same topics will be covered such as…
- Pennsylvania Traffic Laws – Although learning about driving laws might not be the most fun thing to do, it’s something that every driver must be made aware of. Laws get passed, amended, and repealed so traffic schools must always update their course material as needed.
- Defensive Driving Practices – Probably the bulk of the lesson will be dedicated to defensive driving practices. It’s not called a “defensive driving course” for nothing. Every time you get behind the wheel, you face the risk of getting involved in a car crash, so it will be beneficial if you are equipped with the skills to be a safe driver. This will not only help in reducing the chances of an accident, but it’s also the best way to keep yourself and everyone else around you safe when you’re on the road.
- How To Share The Roadways With Other Motorists – No matter how much you practice safe driving, one thing remains true – you won’t have the road all to yourself. You have to learn how to share it with other drivers, as well as pedestrians.
- Consequences of Using Alcohol Or Drugs While Behind the Wheel – This is a very important topic covered in a driving course. DUI charges carry serious and long-term consequences. Learning about the facts related to driving under the influence, the laws governing it, and what to do when you’re facing a DUI charge will come in very useful for any driver, even if you swear that you’re not a drinker.
- Safe Driving Techniques – Just as the laws change, safe driving techniques also evolve in time. New technologies that can keep you safe get introduced every time, and attending traffic school is the best way to learn about them.
Be Sure To Research All Pennsylvania Online Traffic Schools
It is of the utmost importance for Pennsylvania residents to read reviews of online traffic schools like these, ask friends about their experiences, and just research the web-based organizations as a whole. For one, scams are everywhere
It is of the utmost importance for Pennsylvania residents to read reviews of online traffic schools like these, ask friends about their experiences, and just research the web-based organizations as a whole.
For one, scams are everywhere today. If a person picks an illicit company, he or she can be out a substantial amount of money in the blink of an eye.
There is also another reason to look over these places though. Not all Pennsylvania online traffic schools are approved defensive driving course providers in the state.
It is impossible to meet the requirements if an unaccepted institution is chosen, so do the legwork and find a good fit.
The Best Of The Best Pennsylvania Online Traffic Schools
Once again, you must receive special permission to take online traffic school in Pennsylvania.
However, if you do receive special permission, these are the best online traffic schools you can sign up for.
Those people that want a proven, reputable partner by their side can’t go wrong with iDriveSafely.
This institution has been around the block a time or two as you can see from their over 15-years of expertise.
Since its inception, the company has proudly served more than 5-million drivers. Work can be completed on any device and students have access to it 24/7.
Therefore, the student can learn whenever and however they like.
There are still other reasons as to why iDriveSafely is one of the best Pennsylvania online traffic schools though.
The fees are reasonable at iDriveSafely, and there is even a 100% satisfaction guarantee for added convenience.
Be sure to read the guidelines to ensure that you meet the stipulations, but it is possible to receive a refund for the cost of the course if you are not entirely satisfied.
Students can quickly get any questions or issues resolved thanks to the stellar customer support team. They can reach representatives 7-days a week by phone or email.
Individuals that still need more convincing that this is one of the best Pennsylvania online traffic schools should feel free to take a peek at all the honest reviews on Trustpilot.
Aside from meeting your defensive driving requirement, Improv Traffic School gives you plenty of laughs along the way.
Those brilliant minds behind the Improv Comedy Club created the lessons. There are hilarious videos, animations, and games that make the experience as fun as possible.
Luckily, students don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for the service either as the prices are comparable to those of other Pennsylvania online traffic schools.
Plus, the customer service department is ready to help and accessible 24/7.
All of these reasons and more are why this institution is one of the best Pennsylvania online traffic schools and why three million students to date have made it their choice.
Improv Traffic School is a great choice for those that tend to get bored quickly but also want to complete their traffic school requirements.
If you still want to know more about Improv Traffic School you can read our full review of Improv Traffic School here.
Go To Traffic School is also a fantastic choice for traffic school in Pennsylvania.
The main reason Go To Traffic School deserves to be called one of the best Pennsylvania online traffic schools is that of its lowest price policy. It is the perfect solution for bargain hunters as the company will meet or beat the rates of competing establishments.
The curriculum is what you would expect. It includes things like videos, driving simulations, and audio clips. Go To Traffic School opened its doors in 1999, and it proudly claims to have over 4-million satisfied users.
Even though Go To Traffic School is a cheap option, it is still high quality. They recently updated their entire course so it is fresh, modern, and works well on mobile devices. Learn more about Go To Traffic School in our full Go To Traffic School review.
State-Approved Pennsylvania Mature Driver Improvement Courses
If you are a driver age 55 or over in the state of Pennsylvania, you qualify for an automatic 5% discount on your auto insurance by signing up for one of the following courses:
Check local offices for availability
Safe 2 Drive (offers online course only)
Seniors for Safe Driving