The best traffic school online depends a bit on your exact state. Most of the high-quality online traffic schools are approved for most states but you can check my online traffic schools by state page here. In the list below, I will go over some of the online traffic schools that I would recommend. Each of these online traffic schools will be able to verify if you are eligible to go through their traffic school course.
- Want The Fast Answer? Sign Up For THIS Online Traffic School
So who am I to know what the best traffic school online is? I am a certified CDL-A driving instructor and have taken it upon myself to go through these courses personally in order to accurately review these traffic schools. I have also been able to gather some discount codes and coupons for some of the below courses. I hope this article helps you to find the best traffic school online for you. Each of these traffic schools offers its own pros and cons.
WARNING: Online traffic school is not fun. It isn’t supposed to be fun, quick, or easy. Fortunately, the schools I’ve listed below alleviate all those. And in some states, it can be quick. States like California, for example, do not require your course to be timed. That means, you really can get through the course in minutes as long as you follow a few of my tips and tricks for taking an online traffic school.
Top Choice: GoToTrafficSchool.com
The school that I think is perhaps the best traffic school online is GoToTrafficSchool.com. The reason I think this is the best traffic school online for so many people is that they guarantee you will pay the lowest price. This online traffic school might be a little more outdated and not offer all the bells and whistles of many other online traffic schools. But hey, we want to get through this course as quickly as possible anyway. In the end, it gets the job done in the fastest and cheapest way possible. For many people, this is all they care about. So, if you want to sign up for the lowest price and fastest online traffic school guarantee, then GoToTrafficSchool.com.
Another strong contender on this list is the Best Online Traffic School.
This school is relatively new, so you can expect a modern and stylish interface that is easy to navigate. The lessons are well-written and easy to follow with helpful images and features. This makes your learning experience more enjoyable and hassle-free.
Do you prefer listening rather than reading an entire course?
Well, you’re in luck! Each lesson comes with an audio version so you can learn on the go.
The basic full course package includes unlimited retakes, same-day DMV and court processing, live chat support, electronic certificate, and voice-overs.
The best part is, you can access the entire course 100% for FREE!
Yes, no signup fees! You only need to pay once you take the final exam.
Now, here’s the thing…
The Best Online Traffic School is only offered in California. That said, it is considering expanding in the future.
At $19.99, the Best Online Traffic School offers a pretty fair deal. The thing is, it’s not the cheapest option out there. But the slight price difference is worth it for the features they offer.
If I was personally signing up for an online traffic school, my personal best pick would be Improv Traffic School. The reason this isn’t my “top pick” is that Improv Traffic School uses a very unique style of humor that I’m not sure everyone will like. This traffic school is owned and operated by the owners of the Improv Comedy Club chain. They basically try to make traffic school less painful and more entertaining. While I personally think this is the best traffic school online, you have to really have an easy-going sense of humor. It seems like most people either think this course is really funny and a great way to take traffic school online or they think it’s really dumb. I happen to think it’s hilarious. If you don’t like silly slapstick humor I would recommend going to any of the other schools instead.
If you do decide to sign up for this online traffic school, make sure you use this link to save $5 on your course.
iDriveSafely.com is yet another great online traffic school. The reason I like this online traffic school is that they have been around for a very long time and have maintained a top-notch reputation. While some online traffic schools have only been around for a short period of time, iDriveSafely was providing home-based traffic school courses before you could even take them on the Internet. They have also maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. With more than 5 million people who have already taken the course before you, you can be pretty confident that this company is not going to rip you off. With so many guinea pigs who have taken this traffic school course before you, you know this is a safe bet.
Oh, and make sure you use this coupon link before you sign up.
DriversEd.com is another great choice. One of the reasons this online traffic school could be the best traffic school online is that they are primarily a driver’s education company. They have simply taken much of the material they have on their driver’s courses and have created an online traffic school out of it. that means you will be greeted with cartoons, videos, a few games, and some extra bells and whistles you might not get with the other online traffic schools I’ve listed. While you might not necessarily pay the lowest price for this traffic school, their pricing is very fair, especially for what you get. They will also help verify if you are eligible to take their online traffic school course in your location. Since they have been around for well over a decade now, there is a very good chance you are approved for their online traffic school course.
While Aceable is fairly new to the industry, their services and ratings more than prove that they deserve to be on this list.
Launched in 2013, Aceable is one of the most hi-tech online traffic schools. That being said, they feature an intuitive mobile application where students can take their classes wherever and whenever they please.
Unlike other schools where you’ll have to access your lessons through a browser, Aceable lets you take classes with just a single click of a button.
Their courses were designed by defensive driving professionals, so you can rest assured you’ll get what you need from the materials. If you’ve been hit with a traffic ticket and are required to take an online traffic school course to get out of it, then Aceable is your best shot.
Unfortunately, the school is only available in several states, including Texas, Florida, California, Illinois, Ohio, Nevada, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania. If you want to take their course, you’ll have to be from any of these states.
What To Look For When Choosing The Best Traffic School Online
While the top three traffic schools are what I believe are the best 3 traffic schools online, you likely have literally dozens of choices. Unfortunately, not all online traffic schools are created equal. While they have some very basic guidelines they are required to follow, some of them are of much higher quality than others.
So, here is what to look for…
- A Good Better Business Bureau Rating: Most online traffic schools are a part of the Better Business Bureau. Make sure whatever school you decide to sign up with has a positive rating with them.
- Unlimited Accessibility: I assume that most people who are asked to take online traffic school courses are also working full-time jobs. If that’s the case, you want your school to be accessible whenever and wherever you are available. Otherwise, you’ll have a difficult time completing your requirements.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support: Any legitimate online traffic school will provide customer support whenever you need it. If you are thinking about signing up for an online traffic school that does not offer customer support 24 hours per day and every day of the year, skip it and find another one.
- Login / Logout Anytime: You should have the option to log in and log out of your course whenever you wish. Higher quality online traffic schools will allow you to start and stop your course on your own time. If you are required to take the entire course in one sitting, there are better online traffic school courses available.
- 5-Year Minimum Operating History: There is no reason for you to be the guinea pig. Only choose an online traffic school if it has been around for at least five years. Most of the online traffic schools I recommend have existed for more than a decade.
- Verification Of Eligibility: While you may believe that you are signing up for the best traffic school online, you must be 100% sure that any given course is approved for your specific court. Any online traffic school that does not verify this may be ripping you off.
- Doesn’t Take Too Long to Complete: Although the amount of time anyone spends on completing an online traffic school course may vary, it shouldn’t take longer than the minimum required hours of the state. Unless the court specifically asks you to complete more hours.
Those are just a few of the guidelines that I follow when I’m looking for the best traffic school online. I hope this article has helped in your search for the best online traffic school and please feel free to give your opinions in my commenting section below. It would really help those who are in your shoes.