As if getting a speeding ticket and paying the fine isn’t bad enough, most of us are also forced to endure the lifeless and boring task of going through a speeding ticket class. There is nothing worse than spending a Saturday in a classroom at the local community college for 6 or 7 hours while you get lectured at.
Everyone there is miserable, it’s boring, and it’s really set up more as a punishment than as a real learning experience. But alas, those of us who need to keep insurance rates down or don’t want our driving records tarnished are willing to put up with those boring hours for the benefits we get in the long run.
Fortunately, there are newer and better ways to take your speeding ticket class. While you’re not going to have the time of your life, in most states, you can now take traffic school online. Taking your speeding ticket class online has quickly become the most favorable way to go.
Here are the 5 online speeding ticket classes that I think are the best:
This school has received approvals in nearly every state in the U.S. It does not only provide the most advanced and convenient defensive driving course, but its 15 years of expertise proves an unrivaled quality driver safety experience.
This online course was developed by learning theory experts, along with professional driving instructors. Through their collaboration, iDriveSafely was able to come up with a course curriculum that offers a combination of animated videos, text lessons, and audio clips.
Just like your usual traffic school, their courses are conveniently available online and accessible using any device – laptop, mobile phones, or tablets – all from the comfort of your home.
Their customer service support is also available 24/7 to answer any of your inquiries and help you troubleshoot any issues that you may come across while completing the course.
Improv Traffic School was founded in conjunction with the famous Improv Comedy Club. They aimed to build an alternative solution to classroom driving courses. They want to create courses that are not just informative and easy to complete, but also entertaining.
They believe that this type of learning will be more impactful. It will not only help in reducing driving violations and crashes, but it can change a driver’s attitude towards safe driving positively.
As a result, this traffic school’s unique learning lessons, delivered in a humorous and memorable format, have earned praise from both their former students and the media. It was even hailed as one of the best online traffic schools.
GoToTrafficSchool has been in this industry since 1999. It does not only offer defensive driving courses, they also have insurance reduction and mature driver safety courses that are all available in over 25 states.
They offer mobile-friendly courses that can be completed 100% online from any computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Their course materials consist of a combination of animated videos, audio clips, 3D driving simulations, and text lessons.
It also offers the lowest price guarantee, making it the cheapest course you’ll ever find in any state.
Why Taking Your Speeding Ticket Class Online Is WAY Better Than A Classroom
There are many benefits to taking your speeding ticket class online. For starters, they can be much faster than taking your course in a classroom based setting. In some states, such as California, there are no “course timers” required while you go through the traffic school. That means, you can get it done within’ a matter of just a couple of hours if you go through it quickly.
In other states, course timers are used, which really, really sucks. That means, each page (or section) is timed so that if traffic school would usually take 6 hours in a classroom, the online course is timed to take 6 hours. With that said, it’s still way better to do it online. For starters, you can log in and out of the course whenever you want. If you want to get your entire speeding ticket class done in one day, you can do that. If you’d rather just do an hour per day for 6 days, that’s fine, too.
Plus, the course timers really aren’t that bad. Any high quality online speeding ticket class, such as the recommendations above, will offer the ability to take your coursework on any device including your smartphone or tablet. Just go through the course at your pace and if you timer makes you wait to move forward, click play on whatever movie you’re simultaneously watching! See where I’m going with this? 😉
How To Find A High Quality ONLINE Speeding Ticket Class
The first thing you need to be aware of is what courses are certified in your state. In some states, you are forced to go through whatever course the government has set up. Gooooood luck with that if that’s the case!
Most other states will allow you to choose your own online traffic school to fulfill your speeding ticket class requirements. Just be aware that not all online traffic schools or defensive driving courses are certified in all states! You must be certain that you are eligible to take the course for ticket dismissal, insurance discount, or point reduction purposes.
All of the courses I listed above will verify your eligibility before you start taking the course. Some online traffic schools are not very nice, however, and will NOT verify for you. They believe it is your job to verify and will gladly take your money or even allow you to go through a 6 hour course that doesn’t fulfill court requirements. Be very careful about that!
So, with that in mind, here are some of the things you should look for in a high quality online speeding ticket class:
- 10+ Year Operating History – Believe it or not, there are a TON of very low quality online speeding ticket classes. Most of them are run by sole individuals. In fact, the state of California alone has HUNDREDS of “certified” online traffic schools that are very low quality. That’s why it is important to go with a course that has been around for a while.
- Good Online History – Most of the higher quality online traffic schools have had literally millions of people go through their courses. If you can’t find any good reviews for a speeding ticket class, you’re probably better off finding one that has a reputable history.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support – Many states require that “identity verification systems” be used to help verify that YOU are really the one taking the class. Sometimes these systems make mistakes and lock you out of your account. The only way to get it reopened is to contact customer support. Unfortunately, online speeding ticket classes are not known for quality customer service. Try to find one that offers 24/7/365 customer support along with the ability to reach support via email, live chat, or phone.
- Make Sure The Course Is Mobile / Tablet Friendly – Some of you might not care about this, but even if you don’t plan to take your speeding ticket class on your phone or tablet, it speaks volumes to how well the course is updated. A course that is not mobile friendly will probably have outdated coursework, too.
- Get A Money-Back Guarantee – Any high quality online speeding ticket class will offer a money-back guarantee up until you take the final exam. Many of them even guarantee that you will pass, or your money back. If there is no guarantee, don’t sign up.
If You Decide To Take Your Speeding Ticket Class In A Classroom
I’m not sure why you would want to do this to yourself, but if you prefer getting lectured at in a classroom setting with a bunch of other traffic violators, it’s as easy as finding the closest class you can find. Many speeding ticket classes are split up over a couple of days, so you always do have that option. Otherwise, taking your speeding ticket class online is a good option if you aren’t really self motivated and just need to get it done in one long boring day.
Best of luck and drive safely!!
Get Your Driving Record By Name & Address
- OR -
Get Your Driving Record By License Plate #