The Progressive Car Insurance Company is rated amongst the leading insurance companies in the United States. This company has over ten million policy holders. The company operates online through its websites, and there are also independent insurance sales agents who sell the Progressive insurance products over the phone.
The History of the Company
The Progressive Insurance Company was started by two lawyers; Jack Green and Joseph Lewis in the year 1937. Since then, the company has been a trend setter in the insurance market in the United States. It was the first company to introduce the drive-in claim insurance service concept and insurance premium payments in installments among other services. The Progressive insurance company has its headquarters in Mayfield village in Ohio, Cleveland. Currently, the company’s chief executive is Glenn Renwick who has worked for the company for more than 25 years. The company employs more than twenty five thousand agents and has more than 450 offices distributed throughout the USA.
Check Your Driving Record!
Get Your Driving Record By Name & Address
- OR -
Get Your Driving Record By License Plate #
What type of insurance policies does the company offer?
Progressive Insurance Company offers auto insurance products and services. Ever since the company was founded, it has made it a priority to offer insurance solutions for vehicles owners. They offer competitive insurance premiums and are constantly offering improved and state of the art auto insurance services and products. Today, the company has some of the best rates for online and personal services to car owners in the United States.
The company also offers:
- Motorcycles insurance.
- Boats insurance.
- Commercial autos.
- Renters insurance.
- Home owners insurance.
- Life insurance.
- RV insurance.
- Umbrella insurance.
- Health insurance.
The Company’s Reputation
Progressive Insurance Company has been recognized and awarded on several occasions. In 2012 and 2013, the company was listed in training magazine’s top 125 for their contribution in their employees’ success and development. In 2013, Keynote Competitive Research named the company as the top car insurance website. The company has been awarded for many other achievements.
Its financial stability – Progressive insurance company was first publicly traded in 1971. Today, it enjoys more than eight billion dollars in written net premiums. According to a current rating by A.M. Best, Progressive was rated A+ in financial strength. Also, the company is rated as ‘AA’ by S&P and Fitch also in financial strength.
Customer service – it being a company that offers most of its products over the phone, and online, it has managed to stay at the top through excellent customer service. It has managed to employ more than 25,000 agents to ensure that there are sales agents in every state around the United States. The company’s website also offers an opinion page for clients to post their feedback.
Advantages to Progressive Car Insurance
There are several advantages to be enjoyed by clients who opt for Progressive insurance policies.
- Clients can compare insurance premium rates offered by other carriers. This makes it easy for the client to decide on the best premium amongst them. This is one of the features that sets Progressive Insurance Company apart. Very few insurance companies can offer you the platform to compare them with other insurance providers on their website.
- The company offers round the clock customer claims and service. This can be done on the company’s website or through a toll free call.
- Progressive offers a claims service. This allows insurance policy holders to drop off their vehicles at the claim service centre for repairs.
- The company also offers assistance to insurance policy holders whose cars have been rendered totaled. They will help these clients to find replacement cars and even go further as to aid is finding financing for the new cars.
- The company offers competitive insurance premiums as well as a wide range of insurance programs to offer assistance to drivers of all credit backgrounds.
- While the company offers a lot of insurance polices for different needs, they do not have a variety of policies for business clients. The only insurance Progressive offers business owners is the commercial auto insurance.
- This company also lacks a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating. While this is not a requirement for an insurance company, it is a good resource for potential clients who seek to find information pertaining to the company. It builds a sense of confidence in soon to be clients.
You can get an insurance quote from the Progressive website or by calling their toll free number.