Liberty Mutual Insurance Company was started in the year 1912. Initially, the company was formed as an employees’ insurance association in Massachusetts. The first Liberty mutual branch, then MEIA, opened its doors in 1914, and this is the same year the company registered its very first automobile policy. The name of the company was changed to Liberty Mutual in 1917, and in 1964 the company began offering auto insurance policies under full coverage basis. Since then, the company has risen to become one of the leading insurance providers in the United States. Currently, the company is headed by David H. Long.
Liberty mutual’s reputation
Liberty mutual is listed amongst the top three casual insurance and property insurance companies. It is a fortune 100 company with assets worth more than one hundred billion dollars. The insurance products it offers include:
- Homeowners insurance.
- Auto insurance.
- Group disability insurance.
- Workers’ compensation
The company employs more than 45,000 individuals worldwide in more than nine hundred locations. Currently, liberty mutual has offices in more than 45 states with its headquarters located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Awards and financial ratings – according to a research conducted by insure.com, most of the policy holders under the liberty mutual group (at least 80%) plan on renewing their insurance policy. Most of the client ratings on the company were positive. It ranked very well in terms of service delivery, price as well as claims settlement. The A.M. Best gave it an ‘A’ while Standard and Poor’s Company gave the company a Strong ‘A’.
Insurance Products Offered By Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual offers insurance coverage for families. This can include home, and life covers. It also offers insurance products for commercial property. These products are meant to cater for the ever changing business needs.
Liberty mutual offers auto insurance policies that provide different coverage types. These include:
- Medical payments.
- Personal injury protection.
- Underinsured/Uninsured motorist.
- Roadside assistance.
Other optional features that attract clients include:
- 1st Accident forgiveness – first accidents for liberty mutual clients does not affect their premiums.
- Better car replacement benefit – this is coverage that allows the client to replace their current car with a car that is a year newer. This is if the current car has covered less than 15000 miles.
- New car replacement – in case of a ‘total out’ on a car that has under a year ownership, the client gets compensation as the value of a new car. This includes the deductibles in the policy and is offered for owned cars only.
- Replacement of mechanical parts – this covers the mechanical parts for your car regardless of its age. The car is also repaired at a reputable and approved car repair center.
- Towing and roadside assistance – this service is available round the clock. Towing to approved car care centers is compensated for fully.
- Repair of windshields – with glass or comprehensive coverage, a client can schedule for a windshield replacement at any time. The replacement service provider can come to any place at the convenience of the client.
- The unlimited rental feature – clients can enjoy unlimited rental covered provided the that the client’s cars are repaired at a car repair centre approved by the insurance company.
- Discounts for multi-policies – there is a discount offered for policy holders with more than one policy under liberty mutual.
It is possible to access the company through its website, call centre, agents and company representatives.
Advantages of Liberty Mutual Car Insurance
- The company offers competitive insurance premiums.
- Liberty Mutual runs a reliable claims and customer service.
- All the insurance policies come with great features as well as discounts.
- The financial ratings show the stability of the company in the market.
The Disadvantages of Liberty Mutual Car Insurance
- The accident forgiveness features and new car replacement features are yet to be availed in NC and CA.
- A few clients have complained about the company’s claims procedures.
- The company does not offer some major discounts availed by their competitors.
- The liberty mutual website is the best place to get a quotation.