Oregon driving schools have found their way to the internet. That’s some good news! No more wasting a Saturday at your local community college. Do you traffic school requirements online from the comfort of your own home instead!
There’s one catch. Most online Oregon driving schools are very low budget, very boring, and very crappy courses. So instead of listing them all, I’ve decided to only list the best online driving schools in Oregon.
These Oregon driving schools are legit
It’s a sad fact, but I have no life other than this website. So, I sacrificed my sanity and took several online driving schools to see which ones are the best and which ones are terrible. In the case of Oregon, I can only recommend two online traffic school courses. Why just two? Because they are the only schools that meet my standards on price, speed of the course, customer service, and a bunch of other stuff you don’t have time to research. That’s why I did it for you!
Warning: This is my final warning to you. If you sign up for any course besides the two I listed below, you’re either signing up for a low budget / quality driving school or are getting ripped off completely. I warned you!
Note: Some jurisdictions may not allow you to fulfill your driving school requirements online. The below schools will verify that you’re eligible (other schools just take the money and run!).
My top pick: iDriveSafely
Why I recommend them:
- For ticket dismissal, this is the fast course allowed by Oregon state law.
- Stop and start the course whenever you want.
- Really short sections make it quite tolerable.
- Some pretty cool animations to keep you from falling asleep.
- Extremely easy to navigate and use the course.
- Quick quizzes after each section prepare you for the final.
- If you fail the final exam, just keep taking it until you pass. That’s right…you can’t fail it!
- 24/7 support via chat, phone, or email.
- This is the original online driving school. They’re pretty well established.
- They don’t charge you until you pass.
(Use link to see special Oregon pricing.)
Want to know more? Click here for my detailed review of iDriveSafely
My second choice: GoToTrafficSchool
(Use Promo Code: MRD000A23 upon signup!)
Why I recommend them:
- Lowest price guarantee (they are the cheapest LEGITIMATE driving school online).
- Work at your own pace.
- Use any computer at any point throughout the course (start on one, continue on another, etc.).
- The animations they use are a bit crude, but it’s still much better than the “text only” driving schools.
- Simple to navigate.
- Unlimited attempts to pass the final exam (nope, you can’t fail this one either!).
- 24/7 support.
- The Better Business Bureau says they’re cool.
- More than 1-million satisfied customers and 10 years experience.
- Don’t like it? Don’t pay.
(Use Promo Code MRD000A23 during signup!)
Want to know more? Check out my detailed review of GoToTrafficSchool
Oregon Online Driving Schools and Ticket Dismissal: How it Works
How does ticket dismissal work in Oregon?
Before signing up for any course, it’s important to contact your court handler first to request permission to enroll in a traffic school for ticket dismissal.
In Oregon, the court usually grants ticket dismissal to first-time violators only. But there’s no harm in trying, right? So even if you have received a violation previously, reach out and call your court to request permission.
Depending on the severity of your violation, you may be allowed to take the course to dismiss your ticket. Or, you may be required to appear at the court on the date listed on your citation.
If you are granted permission to take the course, all you need is to register for the course. If you’re taking this online, just visit the website of your chosen online driving school for instructions on how to sign up.
Take note that your court will give you a deadline by which you must complete your course. This means that even if online courses are self-paced, you still have to complete the course within the time given to you to qualify for ticket dismissal.
When you complete the course, you’ll then need to submit your certificate of completion to your court. Usually, online driving schools will take care of this for you. But just to be sure, contact your court to check if they received your certificate of completion or not.
As soon as you get their confirmation, it might be a good idea to check if the dismissal has been reflected on your driving record. Courts usually process this as soon as they receive your certificate by forwarding the notice to the DMV.
Get Your Driving Record By Name & Address
- OR -
Get Your Driving Record By License Plate #