Drive-Safely.net

North Shore Animal League America Vehicle Donation Review

North Shore Animal League America Car Donation Review

While my main profession has historically been as a truck driver and driving instructor, I am also an avid animal lover and have volunteered at several animal rescues and shelters. That’s why my review of North Shore Animal League America Vehicle Donation hits close to my heart.

While I am already familiar with the great work they do helping animals, many of the car donation programs I’ve reviewed in the past have turned out to be rather questionable. I was really hoping that North Shore Animal League would have a high-quality vehicle donation program, and fortunately, that’s exactly what I found. While this is a great place to donate your vehicle, I wanted to provide a bit more background on who North Shore Animal League America is and how their vehicle donation program works.

Who Is North Shore Animal League America?

North Shore Animal League America is the world’s largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization. Since opening their doors in 1944, they have saved the lives of more than 1 million dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens from across the United States and around the world. They have proven themselves to have an unwavering commitment to rescue, nurture, and adopt animals. Here are some additional highlights of North Shore Animal League America:

  • A leader in the no-kill movement, rescuing and rehabilitating animals instead of euthanizing them
  • An innovator in animal welfare to create a more sustainable world for all companion animals
  • A strong voice, elevating the status and promoting the acceptance of mixed-breed animals — Mutt-i-grees® — through advocacy and education
  • A collaborative organization that’s built a national network of shelter and rescue partners
  • A trusted source for information, education, and resources that increase adoptions and enhance the lives of adopters and their pets

North Shore Animal League America on Guidestar and Charity Navigator

Any time you’re considering donating goods, services, time, or money to a charity, it’s a good idea to save yourself some potential heartache and do some research on the charity to ensure they are legitimate and efficient.

Efficient charities are those that put 75 percent or more of their revenue back into their programs, with remaining 25 percent split between administrative and funding costs. Guidestar and Charity Navigator are nonprofit organizations that comply financial and other information on every charity registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. North Shore Animal League America obtain positive reports from both of these services.

As a 501(c)(3) charity, North Shore Animal League America relies on charitable donations in many forms to fund their life-saving efforts. One of the ways they receive donations is through their vehicle donation program. Your tax-deductible donation helps them continue the critical hands-on work they do for the animals that come through their doors each day. They rescue animals from overcrowded municipal shelters, save them from commercial breeding facilities, and natural disasters, and provide them with high-quality medical care to rehabilitate them and prepare them for adoption.

According to the financial statements in their 2016 Financial Report, North Shore Animal League America is a highly efficient charity. In 2016:

  • Total operating expenses were $41,754,816.
  • 82.9%, or $34,626,690, was put toward Animal Program Services.
  • Just 3.7% went toward management and general costs.

How North Shore Animal League America’s Vehicle Donation Program Works

As a non-profit organization, North Shore Animal League America uses a third-party intermediary organization to handle their vehicle donations. The intermediary picks up your car, takes it to auction, sells it, pays the auction house its share, and forwards the rest of the proceeds to our charity.

In 2016 and 2017, North Shore Animal League received 71 percent of the net proceeds from vehicle donations to be used towards our lifesaving rescue and adoption efforts. You should feel absolutely free to donate your vehicle to North Shore Animal League, knowing full well that the lives of tens of thousands of dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens each year are positively impacted because of your support!

Final Thoughts About The North Shore Animal League America Vehicle Donation Program

While there are lots of great vehicle donations programs out there supporting many different causes, some vehicle donation programs tend to be better than others. North Shore Animal League America seems to have a fantastic vehicle donation program and it goes to a great cause. In my opinion, you should have no hesitation donating your vehicle to North Shore Animal League America. For additional information and how to donate, please see their official vehicle donation page here.