Maine defensive driving courses have found their way online. But unfortunately, most of them aren’t all that great. They are low budget and some of them aren’t even state certified.
Luckily for you, my life basically consists of this website, and that’s about it. I have gone through many different Maine defensive driving courses online (yeah, real exciting life, huh?). Instead of listing them all, I’ve chosen to simply list the best online driving schools in Maine.
These Maine defensive driving schools are legit
I have personally combed through all the crappy online traffic schools for you. While dozens of Maine driving courses exist, I can only recommend two of them. Why just the two? Because they are the only ones who meet my standards on price, state certification, customer service, and a bunch of other boring stuff you don’t have the time or desire to research.
Warning: Please don’t sign up for any driving course besides what I listed below. If you do, you’re either signing up for a low budget course or a course that isn’t certified in the state of Maine. Trust me on this one!!
Note: A few isolated jurisdictions in Maine don’t allow you to complete your defensive driving requirements online for ticket dismissal or point reduction. The below courses will verify that you’re eligible before you catch up on the cash.
Here’s my recommended online Maine defensive driving schools
My top pick: iDriveSafely
UPDATE: Use link for special Maine pricing.
Why I recommend them:
- Fastest driving school by law for ticket dismissal and point reduction.
- Pause and continue the course whenever you want (they keep track of your place).
- Quick and easily managed chapters.
- Decent graphics and interactive animations that help keep your interest.
- Simple to use. Very simple.
- Short interactive quizzes to prepare you for the final exam (you’ll be overly prepared).
- Nobody fails! Just keep taking the final exam until you obtain a passing score!
- Your insurance company may be required by law to reduce your insurance rate using this course (Maine Public Law 2001 – Chapter 130).
- More than 2-million drivers have gone through this course.
- Money back guarantee.
Click here to visit the iDriveSafely Website
(Use link for special Maine pricing.)
Want to know more? Click here for my detailed review of iDriveSafely
My second choice: GoToTrafficSchool
Why I recommend them:
- Lowest price guarantee (you’ll give up some bells and whistles, but they are cheap).
- Pause the course and come back whenever you want.
- Use any computer at any point throughout the course (start on one, continue on another, etc.).
- Their animations are a bit low budget, but it’s still better than a text only course.
- Very easy to use.
- 100% pass rate!
- 24/7 support.
- Well established with the Better Business Bureau.
- More than 1-million satisfied customers and 10 years experience.
- Don’t like it? Don’t pay.
Click here to visit the GoToTrafficSchool Website
(Use Promo Code MRD000A23 during signup!)
Want to know more? Check out my detailed review of GoToTrafficSchool
Maine Defensive Driving Courses FAQs
Meanwhile, I know you have a lot of questions regarding the requirements for taking defensive driving courses in Maine.
To help you out, here are some of the most frequently asked questions that you might also be asking.
Are there any requirements to attend a defensive driving course in Maine?
You can always take this course voluntarily for supplemental learning if you want to be updated with current Maine driving laws, or if you just want to refresh your driving knowledge.
However, if you want to take this to dismiss a traffic ticket, you’ll need to ask permission from your court handler before you register.
If you’ve been given permission, you must have a valid Maine driver’s license to enroll. You should not have any major traffic violations on your driving record, too. Lastly, you should not have taken the course within the last 12 months.
Meanwhile, if you’re taking the course for auto insurance discounts, you just need to make sure that your insurance provider will cover the school you chose. Policies on defensive driving discounts usually differ from company to company so you should always check with them first.
Is it better to take a defensive driving course online?
Taking a defensive driving course online will not only free up your schedule to attend to other matters in your busy schedules, but it will also allow you to pick the most convenient time to take the course. You don’t need to comply with fixed time schedules that in-person classes have.
Not only that, but you can also avoid having to drive to and from school. With this, you can avoid the time-consuming traffic that most people encounter.
Online classes are more affordable, too.
So yes, we’d say it’s better to take the course online. Unless, of course, you really prefer a classroom setting and/or your court handler does not accept online courses.
How long do I need to complete a defensive driving course?
The course can be completed in an average of 5 hours. However, if you take the course online, you can take things slower or faster, depending on your pace.