Below you will find a list of all Texas-approved defensive driving courses.
Most people prefer to take Texas defensive driving courses online, so make sure you check out our online Texas defensive driving course reviews for a more detailed overview of which defensive driving course you should sign up for. You can also view our full online traffic school reviews page here.
Having trouble deciding? This is our top recommended Texas Approved Defensive Driving Course.
List Of Texas Approved Defensive Driving Courses
Approved Texas Defensive Driving Courses Are Not Created Equal!
We’ve gone through all of the above approved Texas defensive driving courses and gave them star ratings so you could quickly determine which defensive driving courses we recommend. With that said, we always recommend you do your own research. What exactly should you look for?
- Strong online reputation – Before signing up for any defensive driving course in Texas, check out some reviews online. Millions of people take Texas defensive driving courses so there is no shortage of feedback from people who have gone through the course before you. If you can’t find reviews, there are plenty of other defensive driving schools to choose from.
- Sustained operating history – There is no reason to sign up for the new guy on the block. Many approved defensive driving courses in Texas have been around for well over a decade (sometimes two!) with millions of students who have gone through their courses.
- Friendly on your device – There are still many certified defensive driving courses operating in Texas that do not support mobile devices and tablets, while other courses will even have downloadable apps to make the experience better on whatever device you have. Make sure the course you sign up for is compatible with your preferred device.
- Money-back guarantee – No money-back guarantee? No way! It’s pretty standard for approved Texas defensive driving courses to offer 100% money-back guarantees, but they aren’t required to do it by law. Make sure they take the initiative and stand by their course with guarantees.
- 24/7/365 customer support – What good is customer service if it isn’t available when you need it? Most people tend to take their defensive driving course on nights, weekends, or holidays when they aren’t working. If customer support is only offered 9 – 5, it could be useless for you. Check the hours and make sure customer support is there when you need it.
This is obviously not an all-inclusive list, but these are some of the main things you should consider when choosing a certified Texas online defensive driving course or even a classroom-based course.
Texas Defensive Driving Courses FAQs
How many times can I take defensive driving in Texas?
If your goal is to get your traffic ticket dismissed, you are only allowed to take the course in Texas once every year. However, you can always take it as a refresher anytime you want without limits.
How long is the Texas defensive driving school online?
The minimum time allowed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation to finish the course is 6 hours, which includes an hour of mandatory break.
Which online defensive driving course is best in Texas?
Truth is, there is no best course for everyone. Every choice varies depending on who’s taking the course.
Fun-loving individuals find MyImprov as their best choice. Those who prefer a simple course will say iDriveSafely.
Differences in learning style matter in determining which course is your best bet.
As for me, I sincerely think Aceable just beats every traffic school in Texas when it comes to the user interface of their courses. And as someone who values aesthetics as much as the content, I believe Aceable scores high in both aspects. And that’s what makes me say that they’re the best.
So if you’re taking a defensive driving course in Texas, make sure to look into these online traffic schools.
Whichever you pick, you can be sure that you will be in good hands.
For more reviews and recommendations, please check our our Texas defensive driving reviews.