As a former truck driver and driving instructor, I’ve seen how online learning has changed the game when it comes to drivers education, and not in a small way. You might think that I’m actually against these online drivers education programs, but the opposite is true. I think they are extremely beneficial when compared to a traditional classroom environment.
This surprises many people, but it’s true. That’s why several states now allow you to complete the classroom portion of driver’s education online. You will of course still have to complete driving time with an instructor, but most other programs can be taken entirely online.
The online driver’s education landscape changes with each passing year. Some courses that used to be high quality will begin to get outdated while other newer or updated courses enter the marketplace and become better options. That’s why in the beginning of each year, I like to create fresh new reviews. On this page, I will be specifically covering online drivers education reviews for 2019.
How To Find A High-Quality Online Drivers Education Course In 2019
When reading online drivers education reviews for 2019, you’ll have to know just what you want from a program in order to find the best one for you. Unfortunately, most people don’t’ really know what “features” online drivers ed courses offer, or what separates a good course from a bad one. Every online driver’s education course in 2019 claims to be the best, so which course really is?
First and foremost, you should compare online drivers education reviews that are specific to 2019. If you’re reading an online drivers education review prior to 2019, the review is already outdated. These online drivers ed companies change so fast. As a specific example, there are some online drivers ed programs in the past where I praised their customer service, only to have them suddenly outsource their customer service team overseas where people were waiting on hold only to get someone that couldn’t really help with their problem.
So, compare RECENT reviews. Don’t just take my word for which online drivers education courses are best in 2019, but instead read reaviews from multiple sources to get a good idea of what the courses are like. I might sound a bit overdramatic here, but driving a vehicle is the most dangerous thing any of us do on a daily basis and good or bad habits are formed early. Really research your online drivers ed course before you sign up for anything.
Here are a few of the main questions that you’ll want to answer when looking at online drivers education courses in 2019:
- What is customer support like? – While the ideal outcome is to never have to contact customer support in the first place, sometimes things happen. Unfortunately, online driving schools have an awful reputation for customer service. Try to find an online drivers education course with an in-house and United States based customer support staff. Extended customer service hours are also preferable, along with multiple ways to contact them (phone, email, live support chat, social media, etc.). Here’s an example of a course that has phenomenal customer service.
- Is it certified in YOUR state? – The vast majority of online drivers education courses in 2019 will verify that you are indeed eligible to take their online coursework. Unfortunately, however, there are still some bad apples out there that will say they are “state certified” when they may only be certified for one state, and it might not be yours. Always double-check that an online drivers ed program is certified in YOUR state as of 2019.
- Does the coursework on multiple devices? – Believe it or not, even though we are in 2019, many online drivers education courses do not work well (or at all) on mobile devices and tablets. If you plan to take the course across multiple platforms, make sure the online drivers ed course you’re signing up for is mobile friendly. The most mobile-friendly online drivers ed course I know if in 2019 is this one.
- Is the coursework outdated? – This is the biggest problem facing online drivers ed programs in 2019. Most of the big online drivers ed courses out there were started way back before 2000. Since then, the courses have had a patchwork of updates, but they still feel very outdated with old videos, walls of text, a lack of interactive features, and things that simply don’t work right anymore. This is the most modern course in 2019 and this one is also a great option.
- Is the course interactive? – While I believe online drivers education is much better than a traditional classroom, this is not true if the online drivers ed course consists of walls of text. That is a terrible way to retain information. Make sure you choose and online drivers ed course that is interactive with multiple ways of delivering the information such a through video, games, animations, quizzes, and more.
- Money-Back Guarantee – Having a money-back guarantee is pretty much the industry standard for online drivers ed courses in 2019. If they do not proudly and boldly state that they have a money-back guarantee, you should walk away. Any high-quality online drivers ed course will be happy to stand behind their product. Just be sure to read that fine print!
My Top 4 Online Drivers Education Reviews For 2019
Now that you know what to look for in an online drivers ed course, let’s get into my specific recommendations for 2019. Luckily, these online drivers education reviews have been ongoing since 2011, so I know exactly what to look for when reviewing these guys. I’ve taken the time to find the four best online drivers education options online for 2019 and break down why I like them.
With that in mind, take a look at the following online drivers education reviews for the top three schools. You should be able to find a program that delivers you everything that you need.